Sunday, January 20, 2019

Need help with ESXi dual homed to a pair of Nexus 9300 using vpc -can't get it working

What I want is to obtain an active active configuration

Here are the Nexus side settings

NX1 int e1/1 switchport mode trunk channel-group 100 no shutdown interface port-channel100 description "To ESXi" switchport mode trunk spanning-tree port type edge trunk # can't say I uderstand why this is needed;tried without it but no change vpc 100 

the other nexus is identical

VPC is correctly established

VMWARE -ESXi 6.5

using a vSwitch , the guest is in vlan 111, portgroup configured for this vlan ID

load balancing is IP hash based

Security for switch and ports: reject everything (promiscuous mode, MAC changes, forged packets)

If I remove the ports from vpc then it works but I think this is active -passive (have not tried to see if the traffic flows accros both links, I can't simulate traffic for now)



No comments:

Post a Comment