Saturday, January 19, 2019

Need help with cloud infrastructure

I've a school case study to be done and I am kinda stuck. http://imgur.com/iwJBiC9 (this is the set up given) I am supposed to revised the infrastructure with the following requirement: Recommend a high availability DAS that is capable of recovery in a very short amount of time. Recommend suitable links that are low cost and also allow mobile workers to login to US and HK office. Recommendation should cover the network, CPU processing power and storage requirements.

Currently it's using T1 lease lines which cost 50k per month. The routers are configured to static. Routers can be managed from any locations via telnet. Tape drive is used for daily backup. End users from the bank uses their laptop to access these applications over RDP through the internet.

These are my task to do: Task 1: identify underlying issues Task 2: design and propose improved architecture Task 3: justify proposed solution.

I've identify some of the issues like using of tape drive instead of hdd, RDP instead of VPN, lacking of firewalls. There's no high availability of DAS, thinking of adding NAS instead. Doesn't have AntiVirus. T1 lease line is too expensive, thinking of optic fiber. I wanna do a full mesh topology but I've no idea like how to set it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment