Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Need help on Palo Alto using HTTPS on internal and external web-server access.

I'm working on configuring our internal web server 192.x.x.x and our public ip 202.x.x.x with FQDN abc.com to have access both internally and externally.

So far, i have successfully setup NAT and Security rules that is now allowing Internal users to access 192.x.x.x and external users to access 202.x.x.x and abc.com - I believe that when I configured a bi-directional NAT that made it work. Source is 192.x.x.x and destination any with source translation of static 202.x.x.x bi-directional:yes.

But now the issue i am facing is that internal users can't access abc.com internally. What i have done is setup a U-turn NAT with it's destination address to be abc.com and it's destination translation address of 192.x.x.x and source translation of dynamic-ip and port - LAN interface and LAN subnet 192.x.x.x/24.

​

In my mind this u-turn nat will direct any source that has a destination of abc.com to be translated to 192.x.x.x hence it's now able to access the web server internally. What im wondering is, with this u-turn nat configuration should i still retain the bi-directional nat or both NAT rules are needed and are doing different things im confused..

​

Also, the session is only accessible via HTTP and not HTTPS even though both port 80 and port 443 is allowed on the security rules. Will Palo Alto (PA-500) be responsible in SSL encryption to the site on 202.x.x.x abc.com?

​

I'll be thankful for any inputs regarding this.

​



No comments:

Post a Comment