Thursday, January 31, 2019

Need advice for firewall for small business.

Hello,

I manage a psychological clinic, and we have two locations. I need to upgrade my firewalls in both locations. Our main location has 20 offices, and the satellite location has 6. We have VoIP phones, and use a shared network drive. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable in the whole networking department, so here are my main questions.

  1. What hardware should I be thinking about. I know that I need VPN, VoIP and it needs to be PCI compliant.
  2. Will I need more than just a firewall (e.g. switch/router) for each location (the main location has a wifi router and a switch in addition to our old firewall).
  3. Does it make sense to buy the same firewall for both locations (we do plan to expand our second location in the next 2-3 years).
  4. I see that many of the options recommend/require a yearly license. Do I need this or can I have adequate protection with hardware only?

Thank you for taking the time to help this. I have been reading other threads that are along these lines, but most of the conversations are over my head. I am currently trying to learn all I can, while still actually doing my job of managing the clinic.



No comments:

Post a Comment