Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Multiple Public Static IPs for 1 Linux Server

Hello All,

We have a CentOS-7 linux box that is running a piece of web hosting software. We have three different ISPs and public static IP blocks from each of them. My linux box has 3 separate NICs. My goal is to be able to access the linux server from any of the 3 unique public static IP addresses (should one of the ISPs go down or fail).

I've gone ahead and assigned a Public Static IP from each ISP to a unique NIC port on the linux server. (NIC1 = Verizon, NIC2 = Crown Castle, NIC3= Cogent)

I'm having a problem getting connectivity working properly on NIC2/NIC3 and I believe this has something to do with routing tables not being configured correctly on the linux server.

Anyone have experience setting up something like this?

Apologies if this is trivial, I'm not very familiar with routing tables.

Thanks so much



No comments:

Post a Comment