Thursday, January 10, 2019

Meraki MS350 switches - Warm spare config (x-post from /r/meraki)

Hi guys,

I posted this in /r/meraki, but figured I would ask here, too.

I have an environment with two MS350-48s stacked acting as my Layer 3 core for the network. All L3 routing is configured on that stack. I am now looking to configure an extra MS350 in my DR environment as a warm spare, so if my primary L3s go down, the DR L3s can take over routing.

Digging through the Meraki dashboard, I see that I do not have the 'Configure Warm Spare' button available on either switch in my core stack, so clearly using a stack as a primary is not doable. Would it be possible, though, to un-stack the switches, configure L3 routing on one of the switches, then re-stack the switches? Or would that move the L3 configuration back to the stack instead of the single switch?



No comments:

Post a Comment