Thursday, January 3, 2019

Management VLAN on a switch without a management VLAN setting

I have a Zyxel GS1200-5 with 3 VLANs configured, 1 (Used to undo stuff that locks me out of other ports), 5 (Management VLAN), and 10 (The one I want to use for ports 3-5, as access ports). FYI: Port 1 is a trunk port to a router. My current config:

PVID: 5 1 10 10 10

VLAN ID: PORT: 1 2 3 4 5
1 Tagged Untagged Non-member Non-Member Non-member
5 Tagged Non-member Non-member Non-member Non-member
10 Tagged Non-member Untagged Untagged Untagged

The switch (GUI) is showing up on VLAN 10, not 5, how can I make the switch use VLAN 5 without messing up ports 3-5? I thought you could just punch in a VLAN ID somewhere else, and regardless of the VLAN config, the switch would use that VLAN for management, but this setting isn't available on the switch. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm still new to VLANs.



No comments:

Post a Comment