Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Looking for advice on adding headers

Hi all,

I find myself in a situation where I would like to add / remove a header for every packet that passes through me in a bridge mode. (much like a GRE tunnel with a sequence number). The thing is that my GRE header would need to be a multicast destination.

So I know that I could write my packet socket code that would open a socket and process every packet coming in. I'm wondering though if I could it with more advanced sysadmin tools/utilities vs. coding? Could I make this work with standard iptables, mangling, gre tunneling, etc modules?

I don't mind either approach really, just hoping I could get started on whichever path is the least cumbersome, if anyone has any thoughts having done something similar - would be most appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment