Saturday, January 5, 2019

Issue with Guest SSID behind a VPN

I have almost figured this out, but am running into a very annoying issue.

My goal is to have a guest SSID that is behind a VPN (I followed this guide) and a default SSID that will have a normal ISP connection.

As it is currently, I can have both the guest/ default SSID's behind the VPN, or both behind the normal ISP connection, but I am having issues separating them. I've tried tinkering with my forwarding rules, and I think this may be the culprit.

When I start the router with the configuration listed below, my default SSID will have no connection, and my guest SSID will be connected behind the VPN.

Once I stop the NORDVPN interface, my default SSID gains connection to the ISP, and the guest SSID loses network connectivity.

If I change the forwarding rules in /etc/config/firewall, to forward both lan and guest to vpnfirewall, they will both have a VPN connection, if I change them both to forward to wan they will both have an ISP connection. It is only when I try forwarding to different destinations that I encounter a problem.

If anyone is experienced with this type of thing and can give me some pointers, I would be very grateful.

/etc/config/firewall

/etc/config/network

/etc/config/dhcp



No comments:

Post a Comment