Thursday, January 10, 2019

Is there no way to configure Traffic Shaping on an HPE/Aruba switch?

So I'm implementing a project for a client of mine (I was not the one who scoped this out or designed it) where they are migrating to a VPWS-based WAN that terminates directly on their core switches (which are Aruba). These new circuits are 1gb ports with CIRs that are much lower (like 10-50mb).

Dealing with QoS was not called out in the statement of work I'm bound to, however, I know that performance will suck if I don't configure some sort of traffic shaping. The thing is, I can't figure out how to accomplish this on HPE/Aruba, or if it is even possible. (I discovered the rate-limit command, but that seems more like policing than traffic shaping.) Do any of you guys know if/how this can be accomplished?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment