Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Getting other computers information on a network

Hello,

I'm doing an internship and one of the tasks is to get all the network's computers information, (OS, Computer Name, even hardware if possible).

I've been doing some research, I found a software called "Network Inventory Advisor" which is exactly what I need, however I'm having trouble setting it up, it is getting the information I need but only from my PC (I have all the info on it, OS, RAM...) it can detect other PCs in the network but without giving their information, I've also read that WMI has to be enabled with its proper settings (firewall and admin rights...) and I've followed this guide :

https://iphostmonitor.com/kb/remote-wmi-monitoring.html

It still doesn't work, now my main question is: do I have to do this on every PC on the network considering there are 100 of them? if so I think there is no point at all in me using this software.

Or can this software work and give me the network's computers information with only installing it on the server?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.



No comments:

Post a Comment