Saturday, January 12, 2019

Feedback on our Ubiquity Setup and Advice [Update]

Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/9w02aw/feedback_on_our_ubiquity_setup_and_advice/

The network is rock solid now. Customer service and sales successfully are taking live calls on WiFi, and people constantly comment on how solid the wireless network is.

I placed all APs on a map of the office I uploaded in Unifi. In the map, I made sure the APs were as accurately placed as possible.

Then I used the auto scan feature on all channels on the 20 MHz channel width. Then I fine tuned signal strength to ensure wireless interference and overlap was minimal.

After this, all APs had -75 rssi in cell site tuning and airtime fairness enabled. This basically is a hardfail if a device's signal quality drops below -75.

If this happens, the device is forced to connect to another ap. Airtime fairness prevents a device there's having a bad connection to constantly reconnect and transmit to an Ap. Before I did this, the one or two devices having issues would hammer APs, causing WiFi performance to be poor for everyone.

I currently have ~800 devices on the wireless network at any one time, and WiFi is rock solid.

Even when we have company wide meetings in conference halls, WiFi is rock solid.

I'm updating everyone after 1 1/2 of my changes to make sure everything is working properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment