Saturday, January 12, 2019

Experience with NPM and APM vendors

I am looking for a NPM that can give in depth knowledge and help with troubleshooting slowness complaints. Currently I do it through wireshark, but this can be time consuming. I would like a product that can give network and application statistics such as delay, loss, etc, but also have the ability to dig into the packets and export as a pcap if needed.

I would like a centralized monitoring platform, but be able to get large appliances for DC, and have cheaper/smaller appliances that can easily be deployed at remote sites. I also would like it to not require to much time for maintenance and be simple to configure/manage.

I am looking for opinions specifically on Viavi Observer and Savvius Omnipeak, but am open to others as well. I have seen Extrahop and it looks good, but it was very expensive and seems like it would require a little more time than I have to manage it.



No comments:

Post a Comment