Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Considering a Cradlepoint IBR1100LP6 CAT6 with optional modem dock...

I have run around the world of 4G LTE failover solutions several times now, but I still cannot commit to a single solution.
Model: https://www.streakwave.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=IBR1100LP6-NA

This is the closest I have come to deciding, but my big hang up is with how much I see the words
"NetCloud Manager requires a subscription" + "Requires an Extended Enterprise License"

MY big question is, with this device - do I actually REQUIRE a subscription to operate all the features, aside from "remote access" and some web-interface features? I ask this because, we would be using it for very infrequent events for a pop-up network with 5-7 days of heavy use out of a month... and then maybe several months of no use. So these companies asking for hundreds of dollars a year for their services related to their appliances do not make sense.

Suffice it to say, I require multi-modem load balancing capabilities in a rugged format with all the antenna ports it can muster as well as 2.4ghz and 5ghz a/b/g/n/ac support with a CAT6 or greater modem throughput.

I would ask the company directly, but of course they're going to sell me on the subscription all day...

For my folks that use Cradlepoint, whatcha got?



No comments:

Post a Comment