Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cisco SSL VPN steps for connection

I'm working on a non-working Cisco SSL VPN connection. This is an item that was not working before I started into the role I'm in.

The setup is Cisco ASA 5510 with Cisco AnyConnect being used on the outside.

I can connect to the VPN and then am prompted with an Certificate error window. I accept the self-signed certificate error. Then I receive two error messages in message history of the AnyConnect client

"No Valid Certificates available for authentication"

"Connection attempt has failed"

I was curious if I can generate a new SSL key then change the SSL VPN trust-point to point to the newer cert. As I have no idea when or what actually broke/failed. I'm only told the VPN used to work fine.

Ideally, I would like to know the steps for how the ASA processes the SSL VPN connection. Knowing that would allow me to really understand how it all works and where the failure could be happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment