Thursday, January 10, 2019

Cisco Catalyst 9300 vs Aruba 2930?

I'm looking to replace two HP ProCurve 2810-24G with two switches that have stacking. Our data center says that the stacking needs to be done through LACP, which confusingly our current ProCurve switches have, but can't use to stack. I'd love to get suggestions on the switches to replace these with that'll do the stacking as required.

I've looked at the Cisco Catalyst 9300, the HPE Aruba 2930F 24G and the HPE Aruba 2930M 24G. The Aruba switches seem to be a better deal, though I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between them other than being able to add an extra power supply to the 2930M. I only need layer 2 switches, but everything I've been able to find that can do stacking seems to be layer 3. They all seem to have LACP, but it isn't clear to me that the stacking is done using that. I'm open to any other suggestions as well. I also looked at the HPE 5400R, but am somewhat confused as to whether (and how) it replaces two switches and how the stacking works. I'm very curious to hear what people here recommend. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Meant layer 2, said level 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment