Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Can an AmpliFi Instant Router be used as a physical access point?

Currently have an Amplifi HD Mesh in the house, but new configuration means we need to find a way to get a physical connection upstairs (VPN through work gear requires it).

We either need to run 100ft of CAT-6 through the walls & attic or I can just set up an AP to plug into at the new location - I'm opting for the latter.

Normally the old routers I always set up could be repurposed into APs easily, so I'm hoping to do the same if I purchase a second AmpliFi unit (but the cheaper Instant version for $100). Can I still do this with the AmpliFi? Want to stick with Ubiquiti because I was planning on adding in some MeshPoints later on so might as well keep it all in the same ecosystem.

This is in my mother's house so I won't have physical access until this weekend to check, but was hoping I could grab one on Amazon in advance.

Thanks for the input.



No comments:

Post a Comment