Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Books for out of band management system / MLAG

Hi guys,

I'm staffed in a project as an intern into an area that is above my technical skills. The good thing is i have a decent foudnation in the networking basics and so I don't think it should be impossibel for me to get up to scratch on what I need to know to be able to contribute as much as possible to the current project that I am on.

I will be here for 4 weeks.

What I need to improve my understanding is on:

  • Out of band management systems, including architceture and design (spine/leaf - CLOS)

  • Being able to architect these out of band management systems including understanding of protocols such as STP, VXLAN, overlay/underlay, MLAG, etc.

My current knowledge:

  • Programming / scripting

  • Minor AWS stuff (EC2,VPCs, security groups, monitoring/logging etc)

  • Networking bascis: DHCP, routers, OSI model, common protocols, etc

I'm probably gonna be posting alot on this sub alot so happy to gild resposnes that are helpful. If anyone is interested in potentially tutoring me (I'll pay per half hour) or providing a quick QA/crash course I'd also consider that, too.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment