Thursday, January 10, 2019

464XLAT Isolated Network

Hello :)

I'm an engineering student and I've been asked to create a 464XLAT laboratory, where a host with IPv4 or IPv6 must be able to access IPv4 and IPv6 sites.

I'm strugling to determine the architechture of the setup and I wondered if you could give me a hand. To my understanding I need a host, wich could be my computer, and a router that would be the CLAT and would forward my host requests to the ISP in IPv6 format. If my host is trying to reach an IPv6 server the PLAT wouldn't intervene and the network would rout my request to its destiny in the IPv6 internet. If my request goes to an IPv4 network the PLAT would do its magic and forward it. I think I understand the theory.

The thing is I'm trying to create an isolated network to try this. Do you think this would work? Do you have any suggestions? https://i.postimg.cc/pXJXR6dV/Screenshot-2019-01-10-at-12-21-10.png Thanks for your time. I would appreciate it a lot.

EDIT: May this be more accurate? The ISP shoud be a IPv6-only network



No comments:

Post a Comment