Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Why did Juniper go to “Enhanced Layer-2 Software” (ELS)?

I just ordered my first round of non-EX2200 switches (EX2300/EX3400), and having received them and looking at the recommended Junos ver to run on them, upgraded them to 18.1R3.3.

Then trying to configure them, I went to do something under “ethernet-switching-options” only to get an error... Thus after searching the mighty Google on how to do what I was trying to do on 18.1, do I find out about “ELS” and all the associated syntax changes... Now I have to live in a non-ELS/ELS syntax world I guess, as I have many EX2200-series switches all running 12.3R12.4 (the recommended Junos ver for that platform.)

Anyone know why Juniper decided to make the syntax change? Not going to be fun trying to remember (or document) the two different ways of doing “X” in Junos switching depending on the platform... </growl>



No comments:

Post a Comment