Thursday, December 6, 2018

VPN arp timeout printer issues

Sorry the title is confusing, but I'll clarify.

I have 2 sites connected with IPSec VPN between sonicwalls, the HQ has a print server that clients on the remote end use for local printing. Lately I've noticed on the print server we'll have ~5 of the 15 printers drop to offline state, they quit responding to ping on the HQ site while remaining active on the local site. It seems to take between 5-10 minutes for them to start responding to ping again, it's as if the sonicwall isn't able to arp. I chalk this up to crappy printer NIC drivers except I saw the happen to our remote site core switch, suddenly I lost ICMP and TCP traffic to our .1 for about 5 minutes even though I had full connectivity to everything behind it.

Any thoughts, we're completely stumped on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment