Saturday, December 15, 2018

Voice Gateway / POTS to GSM

Hey Guys, i may be in the wrong subreddit here but i didnt find one close to it as this one.

So:

I have a landline connection in a house, in the house there is only the landline no wifi or else.

Now i want to make calls through that landline with my mobile phone even tho i am not there. Now there is the option with a voice gateway which plugs in the landline jack and connects to the internet (could be solved with a mobile router) and then i would be able make calls over the landline with my mobile phone.

BUT:

I have a few more houses where i would like to do this, and besides the voice gateway beeing not that cheap (about 100€) and the need for a seperate mobile router, its not that convenient for me.

Now my question is:

Is there a device in which i can insert a sim card, and connect to the POTS/landline socket and then call that device with my mobile phone and it basically just routes the voice between my phone and the landline?

That would be very practical.

Thanks alot!



No comments:

Post a Comment