Monday, December 31, 2018

Urgent! please help.

Ok, so I need some advice. I'm a university student currently in the middle of an assignment where I have to create an ipv6 based network. In the scenario, I have been given a /48 prefix from the "ISP" but I'm unsure as to how I actually assign the IP addresses in my packet tracer implementation.

If I want to create a /56 subnet between two connections, what am I specifically inputting into the CLI for that subnet? would it look like this for example:

2000:DB8:2112:5100::1/56

or would it be assigned like this:

2000:DB8:2112:5100::1/64

From my understanding, the first way should be fine but later on down the road I have tried to assign a /60 subnet and it has given me an overlapping error; this error didn't happen when I tested out the second format. Help would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I cannot get much support from my lecturers about this issue due to it being the holidays.

This might seem like a basic issue to some but unfortunately, this topic hasn't been covered in detail as much as we had liked. The /60 prefix I tried to use looked a little like this if someone is wondering:

2000:DB8:2112:5110::1/60



No comments:

Post a Comment