Friday, December 7, 2018

Troubleshooting Wi Fi Drop Outs

Hi,

I have recently started working as a Network Administrator after working on a help desk for 2 years. I am loving the job so far but am finding it difficult to provide answers for some problems. The main one would be “Why does our wi fi randomly drop out at times during the day?\why is our wi fi connection sometimes weak?”. I realise this is extremely vague and I need more information to go on - what would be the best questions to ask?

What is the best way to approach these scenarios? Should I be using monitoring software to determine what devices are using up the internet link? How do I isolate the root cause of the drop outs with certainty? I’m used to break fix scenarios like installing the correct printer driver so someone can print so in depth network troubleshooting is quite new to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment