Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Requesting career advice and guidance for a newcomer to the industry.

Hello, I recently found out about networking and its been amazing so far from what I learned. So let me tell you a little about my situation. I am currently working in retail and i'm beyond miserable about it. Don't get me wrong I do a fantastic job after all I may not like it, but its still my job and I will do it better then anyone. I've been with them for 3 years while going to college full time since everything comes out of pocket I take semesters off. but recently I've made the choice to drop college for the next semester or at least take 2-3 classes. I decided to go after my CCNE, then CCNA in R&S and then possibly CCNA Security. I was learning programming and I also loved that so my questions are.

Should I continue to down CCNA security in the long term? I kinda like the experience I've had with ethical hacking.

Should I continue to learn programming such as Python? I liked it and people have been saying that network engineers may need to learn simple programming anyway down the field.

should I learn Ansible?

Would it help to learn more in dept and get certified in Linux OS? if so what certificate?

Are there any other certificates I should work on or any fields I should learn? I'm just trying to get started for the long term and something to help me get hired for a job in networking, I'm looking for a intro position so I can understand the basics and move up from there. I want to accomplish getting my CCNE 2-4 months and move to a bigger city that has potions open, I already have a place but wont want to move until I get my CCNE, should I get anything else other then My CCNE? such as a Linux certification to help me get the intro position? should I mention my experience with python?

I look forward to any advice from professionals. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment