Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Question a out EIA T568A/T568B

Hi everyone,

My question may have already been answered but I just wanted to know what the significant differences between both ANSI/EIA standards of terminating Cat5e/Cat6 cables based on T568A/T568B - other than the cable strands being a different order between the two. My question is more along the lines of... Why do two standards exist?

I'm becoming a junior technician at a company that deals with networking IP based cameras, and scalable networks and such, but that's another story for another day.

I understand how to terminate the cables, I just wanted to know which standard is most commonly used, and why? I seem to be hearing about how T568B was similar to AT&T's standard which was something like 258A but I dont quite understand the relevance.

Any information would be appreciated! I am still reading up on this as well but I'm willing to learn more if anyone is able to explain it!



No comments:

Post a Comment