Thursday, December 13, 2018

Problems connecting HP 1810-24G and Brocade 6450-24

Hi,
Currently have an HP 1810-24G, and I have purchased a used Brocade 6450-24 as I have put my servers and workstation on 10G.

Both switches work fine independently with VLANs and LACP trunks to computers, but I am struggling with connecting the two switches together. I first created a LACP trunk with four ports, and added/tagged all the different VLANs that I need to have access to on both switches. When I connected the cables, my network (even my workstation) froze and I lost communication with everything (tldr; my network went apeshit).

When I disconnected the cables between the switches, things went back to normal, stable operation, so it was clear to me that the reason was that I connected the two switches.

Later, I tried to just connect with single ports and an untagged VLAN but I did not get any communication across.

Any idea's on what can be causing this, or how I should do this?

I am quite familiar with the HP Switch, but the Brocade is a bit more intimidating. I've been wanting to reset it, but I don't have access to a RJ45-Serial cable (yet, order is placed).

Connecting the HP switch with other, simpler switches (TP-Link TG108E) has worked fine with VLANs.

Any suggestions on things to check?



No comments:

Post a Comment