Saturday, December 15, 2018

Non-networking advice: Key management/storage

Physical keys, not encryption keys! I'm asking here because some of you may be in a similar situation....

I have keys for work. Too many. I keep my work keys and my personal keys on different keychains... Work one in my jacket pocket, personal in pants pocket. The issue is, my work keys are bulky, cumbersome, and have started to poke holes in my jacket. I'm looking for a better keychain/key storage.

I have 9x Best branded keys for various doors, and 5x rack/cabinet keys. I cannot get all the locks changed to use the same ones. These are the keys I'm stuck with.

I have used KeySmart in the past... I was not a huge fan, but I was using it for my personal keys of varying sizes, not my work keys of a consistent size. It may be an option...

I can't leave them in my desk, because that means that I would have to go to my desk to get my keys to work on an issue. I also have a tendency to forget them.... If they're always in my jacket/pants pocket, I won't forget them. Also, if I put them in my desk I'd have to move 3 of those keys to my personal keychain.... It takes 3 seperate keys to get to my office.

What do you guys use for your keys?



No comments:

Post a Comment