Friday, December 7, 2018

New Startup Company: Network Design & Infrastructure Help

Good afternoon /networking* friends,

-- As the title stated, i'm about to write up a simple plan & map out a business network for a startup company that i've joined recently. The funding & private capital is a mixture of both internal funds & outside investment, so budget and cost should no longer be an issue, that being said I would like to maintain a healthy goal of something like /long lasting, and fully-functional while still saving as much money as I can/, in regard to final cost(s).

The company is in the clean-water membrane industry, so it is a 30k sq ft. manufacturing facility warehouse mixed with a lab environment that is roughly 6k sq ft, with a handful of small offices eventually that I will most likely want cat-5 or 6 ports in each office and work station(s) throughout the building, with secure wi-fi (ubiquity access points I suppose), for redundancy measures & ease of connectivity for staff and guests (separate guess network, etc,..)

That all being said, I really want a basic layout and design model that most businesses / companies have at start-up phase, and maybe [hopefully] ability to add another 24 or 48-port switch as we grow, like an /as needed/ type of model.

The warehouse is pre-wired for I believe cat-5 currently, and i'll be flying back out to the facility soon to actually /walk the entire grounds/, both outside as well internally of all areas, to properly map out using most likely an Android wi-fi / network mapping App or something simple, and export it as an easy to view file extension -- of which i'll be sharing with you all if needed. (as needed)

That all being said, could I please have whomever is able or bored enough and has read this far by now, to throw their '2 cents in and comment with what hardware / infrastructure you would install and maybe how you would setup and arrange a server rack, cooling methods, redundancies for power and net, etc,. etc,.. ALL ideas welcome, and if there is an easy software to use for alll of this, and or website, please feel free to suggest* !!

Thank you all in advance, and I hope without leaving a proper budget in mind, I haven't sounded too foolish.

** Please note, I have prior experience in installing a few small to medium business networks myself in the past, around 20 users / staff being the largest. My Linux exp & Windows Server knowledge are both up to par, I hope -- and as far as user system / workstations, both a mixture of Windows & Mac is what I had planned, per the user/staff member request, and I am never opposed to OS / remote virtualization techniques, etc,...

***Thank you in advance, and I will have no problem with paying and or 'tipping' for anyones services and assistance if it gets detailed and timely in replies. Thanks again!



No comments:

Post a Comment