Thursday, December 13, 2018

Network Infrastructure as Code: what are you guys using and how are you doing it?

Hi guys

I am looking at Network Infrastructure as Code as an option for our way we configure or reconfigure and deploy devices. I have no experience with this and I would like to learn from you, if you can share your experience and your approach for this.

For the moment I am thinking about very simple things like having a template, changing the template, generating configs every time the template changes, and pushing these configs to devicesI would like this to be a fully in house solution.As far as I can understand I will need GIT and Jenkins. If there are any other options please share them.

I never worked with Jenkins and I have no idea what are its capabilities

One thing that I am interested in is a software that I can use to deploy different branches of my git source manualy. I want to got there and say deploy to these devices this and these configs. I don't need the deployment to necessarily be tied to a change in the "source code" aka config files but it should rather be a flexible tool that can deploy certain branches of my git when told to do so. Can I use Jenkins this way? What other light weight tools are there that could be used. Remember, integration with Git is vital

This is a use case that I am thinking of.

If there are other use case scenarios I am all ears :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment