Thursday, December 6, 2018

Network Engineer Interview with a CCIE

So I had this interview with a company out in Chicago, needless to say I made it all the way to the last interview which was done by a CCIE R&S certified director of IT and three other people who were sitting in. (I'm a network engineer with, CCNA R&S) Needless to say I wasn't feeling too well that day and was coming down with a cold.

[Not to mention my current job had me pressed with setting up a rhel 7.4 mail server most of the day. Which if you know anything about trying to get a Linux server to integrate with a predominate Windows environment, it's a total pain in the ass! SMB, SDL, CUPS, Apache....so much fun...]

Any way the CCIE was kind of a dick, he didn't really give me time to answer questions and kind of rubbed it in my face if I got something wrong. For example, he asked me a question about VMware, "how do you move a VM client over to another server via Vsphere?" So I in turn just to clarify, said "Do you mean VM migration?" Which he in turn replied, "I don't know is that migration, your the one getting the questions here."

I guess my question is, how do you deal with people like that in interviews while keeping your cool and not totally bombing your interview?



No comments:

Post a Comment