Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Need some Network engineering/business advice

Hey Guys Happy Holidays,

My company seems to want to go full cloud so we are planning on moving everything to cloud now, this includes domain controllers etc.

So far I decided to use Sliverpeak for our SD-WAN and take business internet 400mb to cut DIA expansions to Azure.

For our LAN we have ex2200`s and SG300s`s of which was installed this year ( I want to get rid of all of them and go Cisco 9300 we were quoted 8,168.06 USD for one) any idea if this would be a good access 10G+ switch? I want to run 10G back to the ex4300`s

Lastly our core is ex4300 but ill replace those when they are EOL (im a cisco guy now in a team leader role so thats why I want to replace the junos) We were quoted 3,580.16 USD for the ex2300.

Would it better to go Cisco fully rather than Juniper as im more Cisco and Cisco is easier to get than Juniper in my region?

My plan is to have full layer 3 across the access to our collapsed core using BFD/ECMP with OSPF and have our access as a totally stubby area (i`m also considering ISE for PCI compliance and agent less NAC)

Lastly I want Cisco DNA as my team is mainly system admins who are 50 years+ so i don`t have much time to train them also any new person I would just hire with a CCNA and have them use DNA to provision.

I need to present this to our board as this is across 5 companies within the sector. In the future Ill roll this out to 85 other companies across 8 sectors so I need solid advice from the experts here because our board usually asks 1 million questions from a cost/business and a technology perspective.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment