Saturday, December 15, 2018

Need some help with my IP location. I’m quite confused and looking for some answers.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but this morning around 6 AM EST I turned on my TV and noticed the time was set to 5 AM, I thought huh, that’s weird so I checked the settings and my timezone was set to central. Problem is I live on the east coast. So I looked up my IP address and its geolocation is somewhere in Iowa, nowhere near my current location. What is going on here? Also when I’m on my iPhone and google, “What is my IP?” It shows my full public IP address instead of the router IP I’m getting WiFi from like it used to. It used to look like this, “192.168.1” now it looks like this, “12.345.678.910”. It’s as if my phone is acting like my modem or something. I don’t know much about this subject so any help would be appreciated. Also I’ve never used a VPN or proxy.



No comments:

Post a Comment