Saturday, December 8, 2018

NAT overload on Cisco Router not working as expected

I'm standing up a small office that will have one switch and one router. Switch will have all the user VLANs/SVIs and the router will do basic IOS FW/NAT functions. When I staged this on my lab gear for testing, NAT doesn't work UNLESS I put an inbound ACL on the inside interface to allow the traffic that matches the NAT ACL.

​

This to me seems like odd behavior and should not be the case. Is there something I'm missing?

​

FYI

Topology: user - switch - router - ISP

​

access-list 1 permit any log

​

access-list 101 permit ip 172.16.0.0 0.15.255.255 any log

access-list 102 permit ip 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any log

​

ip nat pool NAT-172 192.0.2.4 192.0.2.4 prefix-length 29

ip nat pool NAT-10 192.0.2.5 192.0.2.5 prefix-length 29

ip nat inside source list 101 pool NAT-172 overload

ip nat inside source list 102 pool NAT-10 overload

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 1 in

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip address 192.0.2.2 255.255.255.248

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly in

​



No comments:

Post a Comment