Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Linux equivalent to “no ICMP Unreachable” and “no ICMP Mask Reply”?

I have a Linux machine that is being used as a router. It has quagga installed and has ip forwarding enabled. It's forming an OSPF adjacency with a 3925 Cisco router.

I’m being asked to ensure that this Linux machine (running Redhat 6.8) will not send any ICMP Unreachable notifications. I know that on a Cisco router I would simply set "no icmp unreachable" on any interfaces that need it. But how could I be certain that they're disabled on a Linux machine?

I'm also being asked to ensure that no "ICMP Mask Reply" messages get sent from the router. Likewise, I know that on a Cisco router the "no ip mask-reply" command would be used. Is there an equivalent type of setting in Redhat?

Thanks for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment