Saturday, December 8, 2018

Learning multiple vendors.

Will try to be brief.

Obtained my CCNA R&S last month. While on a phone interview a company mentioned they use a lot of juniper.

Of course I decided to be eager beaver before my next interview. I order some cheap juniper equipment to lab on so I don’t look foolish in the next round. I also watched some CBT nuggets on juniper. Overall I can navigate the modes well. Do some basic config of interfaces. Show commands are obviously simple enough. Commit all the time throws me off still.

I couldn’t get my Cisco router to form an OSPF neighbor relationship with my SRX-210 which made me feel pretty stupid. Considering I can slam out OSPF neighbors on Cisco like crazy. Granted I just went in blind to it. It’s nothing I won’t figure out with a little bit of YouTube, but still.

I know time and repetition is how you learn but damn I feel like I don’t know shit all over again.

Of all the vendors out there, how much variation is there from the way Cisco IOS works?

Also I’d like to hear feedback about the following.

What vendors are you comfortable with and how did you learn them. Work? Self study/lab?

Before CCNA: When I get my CCNA I’ll know so much.

After CCNA: There’s so much shit I don’t know.



No comments:

Post a Comment