Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Huawei AR Router with MP-BGP and RouteReflectors config question

Hi, we're testing some Huawei devices and I'm struggling with an MPLS test. We have a OSPF core, BGP free, thats working fine. Two dedicated RRs and, for now, two PEs. I created a test VRFs, or as Huawei calls them VPN instances. Now I just want to route between those PEs, right now just with a Loopback interface in the VRF.

First I tried it without the RRs, everything worked fine. Both routers got the routes from the other router and I could ping between the loopbacks in the VRFs. Now, I tried to implement the RRs and I don't get any routes in the VRFs.. or in the vpnv4 BGP. I also don't see BGP peers in the VRF. But I have the neighborship in the "dis bgp vpnv4 all peer" command. And in the global routing-table of course.

For testing, I implemented the RR config for the "ipv4-family unicast" BGP address-family and it is working. I imported the directly connected routes from the PEs into BGP and I get them on the other PE.

Right now, I don't understand what is missing in the VPN-Instance or BGP config.

I'll post comments with the config.



No comments:

Post a Comment