Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Help with Ubiquiti Nanostation AC

Company I work for just dumped me onto an install where they need to use these as the clien(understandably so) does not want to provide more then 1 internet drop for us. I have very minimal/close to zero experience with these things. Can someone help out please?

So I have 4 of these Nanostations . I have mounted 1 of these at the internet drop location(Roof top of a clubhouse) and configured it as the AP. The 2nd one is mounted directly across the street on the roof top of a apartment building and configured as a Station. The end lands inside a room on a POE+ switch. The internet to the apartment building works fine. I am able to access sites and view cameras that land on that switch. From that same switch we ran a cable to the other side of the building so it could shoot the signal to another building. I configured that one as an AP . The last station is located on another rooftop building a little further out. Configured it as a Station but I am not able to get any internet from this for some reason. After thinking about it . Do I just need one access point in line? Not all stations will be facing the AP at the club house. But my question is do all the other stations besides that one need to be setup as Stations?

Again any help is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment