Friday, December 14, 2018

Help with Routing issues

First time poster... Please be kind. ;-)

We currently have a branch office that is connected via direct fiber and it's going through our Avaya switches and everything is routed back through our head office avaya switches.

At the branch office we have a need for an external service (out of my control) that needs to connect to our network and in particular communicate with server and route traffic out of their wan. They are making us use a FortiGate 60D device to connect to their wan and our internal network. If not very little experience with Fortinet products.

I have setup the WAN port on the FortiGate to connect to their modem and setup an internal port to connect to our Avaya switch and put it on VLAN 10. The device the service needs to communicate with is on our Server VLAN which is VLAN 2.

I am pretty sure I have my static routes setup correctly on the FortiGate but the issue i am seeing is when i do a Trace Route from the FortiGate to the server that it needs to communicate with I am seeing that the traffic is being routed back through our head office and than back to the FortiGate. Same goes when I do a trace route to the outside it's being routed through our head office and out through the head office External connection instead of being routed through the WAN port of the FortiGate.

I am hoping I am missing something simple. Maybe the problem is with the routing on the Avaya switches?



No comments:

Post a Comment