Saturday, December 22, 2018

Help Please?

Not sure if I should be posting this here but if not can you direct me the right way?

I am having an issue where if I connect a small PC or anything for that matter into a jack port directly I am able to get internet in a work small office. However, when I plug a small unmanaged desktop switch (Cisco) into the wall then plug my PC patch cable into the sdwitch I am unable to get internet. What is going on? It used to work fine and after we had to replace the rj45 jack it started to act up. Wiring is good obviously.

I swapped out the small desktop switch as well and no luck, patch cables changed etc no luck.

The drop runs back up to our server room to a patch panel then from there it runs over to a managed cisco switch.

Any tips? Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment