Thursday, December 13, 2018

Do creative network engineering and data center architecture jobs even exist?

I've been through two firings, and four jumps and I've yet to find a job in the DC metro area that actually wants a creative and dedicated network engineer.

My other issue is I tend to challenge the status quo and make "pros" that are another field entirely defensive as they don't use standard terms for our field.

I was the throwaway on a blog post some weeks back about being fired right before my wedding anniversary while my wife is waiting for me overseas to join her for our planned vacation. That's right even with leave without pay on the table they still fired me right before the weekend of my flight.

I've never been so hurt leaving a job before except when I left the military and I just wish I knew why their lead dev hated me so much and created such a hostile environment.

Anyone looking for a dedicated (although I need a week or two to recover from my relapse in chronic depression now) data center network engineer with some knowledge in docker? 12 years time, sec +, ccent (I know I know I wanted to go higher but I suck at tests).

Thanks all and I hope your routes are up, and your packets blessed with a clean crc at the distant end.



No comments:

Post a Comment