Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Data Infrastructure Installers

I started working for a company that has buildings all over the US and I just realized that I have no idea how to find a good data infrastructure installer. We have a new warehouse/office in Cleveland, OH that requires installation of a two post rack, network drops, wireless access points, IDF box and all the other cool stuff that makes a network go. The electrician who is doing the classic electrical work "doesn't do low voltage" and didn't have a recommendation for someone who can.

So I have a few questions....

  1. Can someone recommend an installer in Cleveland?
  2. What search terms should I be using to find one on my own in the future?
  3. How do you typically judge if the installer is qualified to do the work? I've heard horror stories about botched jobs and I won't have the benefit of being onsite to check their work until the day before the move.
  4. Any other related useful advice would be much appreciated


No comments:

Post a Comment