Friday, December 21, 2018

[continuous pinging a single website] Is there anything against it?

Hey everyone,

I'd like to ask a very simple question because I couldn't find anything "recent" about it

So, I'm a cs student and enjoy coding a great deal (obligatory: no, this is not homework). I've been experiencing some latency issues lately and my ISP didn't help as they need to be called the exact moment said problems happen (late night usually, but the callcenter is closed then).

I've written a little piece of code that allows me to continuously ping 8.8.8.8 and saves a log in case of high latency

According to this topic it is not illegal but considering it's been two years, I'd like to ask the same question again

am I good to go? any risk?

note that I don't really need those informations, I'm mostly doing it for my personal enjoyment and practice (the ISP will look into the problem and hopefully fix it)

thanks in advance for your help



No comments:

Post a Comment