Thursday, December 6, 2018

Connected to a work network, but unable to open files in software

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right subreddit for this, but it seems to be an issue of 3 different areas - the work server, my OS, and my software.

OS Specs:

Windows 10 Home

Server:

WD MyCloud PR4100

Software I have tried:

Adobe Premiere

MS Paint

WIFI is through a USB wireless adapter, I do not have a WIC.

What's happening:
I can open files using Windows Explorer. I cannot open files using any other software. The "Network" dropdown does not populate anything else on my network other than my computer. I have been on hold with Microsoft tech support for 2 hours on and off with SOME progress (the agent actually helping me hung up), I have also already called Adobe and Western Digital and they were no help.

What I've done:

-Disabled firewall

-Modified network settings from "public" to "private" and removed all access limitations for file sharing.

-Enabled a NUMBER of file sharing and network services under services.msc, and set a few to automatic (I forgot which ones, the Microsoft agent told me to)

-Added registry key EnableLinkedConnections

-Reset network settings



No comments:

Post a Comment