Saturday, December 1, 2018

Cisco C891F - Easiest way to duplicate config?

I need to set up a Cisco C891F for a new location (2nd office) the problem is it's above my head. However, I have a properly set up one already existing at another location for the same company (I directly work for this company). I am wondering if I can get familiar enough to download its configuration and apply it to the new one or if anyone has some advice?

To give some backstory, I work for a quickly growing software company. The first C891F was installed prior to my employment. I set the second office up using Ubiquiti equipment and it's been fine but the office is quickly growing and the network slowing down (this is where are Developers work). They already have another C891F and are wanting to set it up. So having said that, I am wondering what my options/my company's options. So far what I am thinking is...

  1. They hire another contractor to set up the 2nd one
    1. This is practical, but not ideal - worth noting that there are discussions of my company paying for my certifications but this doesn't help immediately
  2. Possible to put enough time and research to learn enough to copy its configuration and upload it to the new one and making the necessary tweaks since it's for a different network
  3. Another idea from a generous person? :D

Happy to hear your thoughts & to answer any questions if you have any.



No comments:

Post a Comment