Sunday, December 2, 2018

Cisco 819 using T-Mobile's LTE network // Configuration Assistance

Hello All,

​

I was not to sure if this is the right subreddit, but I'm looking any assistance on getting a Cisco 819 to connect to T-Mobile's LTE network.

​

I recently got a couple of Cisco 819's to mess around on a personal project of attempting of turning these into personal hotspot devices, using ATT/Tmobile Cellular Network.

​

At the moment, I only have a T-Mobile SIM and I gotten a basic config on my Cisco box but I'm running into a bit of lost of what I'm missing. I'm still not getting a network connection, as I'm unable to ping to the public internet.

​

I'm connecting to the Cellular tower, as my (sh cell 0 network) has of T-Mobile's details in it. Also I can send one-way text messages to my cell phone and friends on different carrier network. I did reach out to T-Mobile technical support and even their business technical teams, which ended at least confirmation they see my device but that's it.

​

One of the first early issue I noticed, is that I'm not getting a IP address from the carrier. I followed the cisco guide and various other configurations on the internet but none seem to help.

​

I've uploaded various outputs and a copy of config file that's currently in use.

​

tl/dr: Currently setting up a Cisco 819, trying to connect over T-Mobile's network and currently unable to get any data access only sms in a limited function.

​

C819-4G#ping 8.8.8.8

% Unrecognized host or address, or protocol not running.

P.s. (I understand this is failing due to no ip address on any interface, that's my main problem why didn't I?)

​

Product Model: C819G-4G-A-K9

Current IOS: c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M2.bin

​

https://github.com/Blackbird242010/C819-Config



No comments:

Post a Comment