Sunday, December 2, 2018

Cisco 819 using T-Mobile's LTE network // Configuration Assistance

Hello All,

I was not to sure if this is the right subreddit, but I'm looking any assistance on getting a Cisco 819 to connect to T-Mobile's LTE network.

I recently got a couple of Cisco 819's to mess around on a personal project of attempting of turning these into personal hotspot devices, using ATT/Tmobile Cellular Network.

At the moment, I only have a T-Mobile SIM and I gotten a basic config on my Cisco box but I'm running into a bit of lost of what I'm missing. I'm still not getting a network connection, as I'm unable to ping to the public internet.

I'm connecting to the Cellular tower, as my (sh cell 0 network) has of T-Mobile's details in it. Also I can send one-way text messages to my cell phone and friends on different carrier network. I did reach out to T-Mobile technical support and even their business technical teams, which ended at least confirmation they see my device but that's it.

One of the first early issue I noticed, is that I'm not getting a IP address from the carrier. I followed the cisco guide and various other configurations on the internet but none seem to help.

I've uploaded various outputs and a copy of config file that's currently in use.

tl/dr: Currently setting up a Cisco 819, trying to connect over T-Mobile's network and currently unable to get any data access only sms in a limited function.

C819-4G#ping 8.8.8.8

% Unrecognized host or address, or protocol not running.

P.s. (I understand this is failing due to no ip address on any interface, that's my main problem why didn't I?)

Product Model: C819G-4G-A-K9

Current IOS: c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M2.bin

https://github.com/Blackbird242010/C819-Config



No comments:

Post a Comment