Saturday, December 8, 2018

Any good resources for automating backing up switches?

Have a few clients and we like to back up their switch config ever month. It’s starting to become a bit of a time sync as we take on more customers as it’s more switches to back up.

Ideally I’d love to automate the process so I can grab the configured from a central location once a month and stick them in our documentation / config back up repository.

What’s the easiest / quicker way to implement something like this? I’m potentially looking into python as I know it’s good for network automation but I assume there are some scripts / free applications out there that will enable us to do this a bit easier?

Just looking for some advice / guidance from those who have implemented similar solutions in the past. If it helps the majority of kit is HP and Huawei but ideally any solution would be vendor agnostic.

Edit: I also have limited Linux skills so anything that I can easily set up on a windows box would be helpful but I’m not against getting a Linux box set up should the benefits be there.



No comments:

Post a Comment