Thursday, December 20, 2018

All I want for Christmas is symmetrical routing with my multi-homed VRRP cluster.

Hey folks,

Currently multihomed to two AS's (each with two connections) to my VRRP cluster. Trying to figure how to ensure my routed /22 gracefully switches between Master and Slave on my provider's network.

Currently, if I manually switch my VRRP-FW-1 to slave, my ISPA still forces traffic VRRP-FW-1's throat as that was the "chosen route" by my provider's upstream router. This means traffic exiting my VRRP-FW-2 get's dropped because VRRP-FW-1 doesn't recognize the connection. I understand I can modify my local pref using their chosen communities but how would I do that gracefully in the event my VRRP-FW-1 was no longer the master?

Any help is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment