Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wireless Utilization Reports

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from the community as to what (if any) data is your org collecting for wireless traffic? I have been diving in to wireless so I built a few reports in Prime and would like to see if someone has any suggestions.

As of now, I am collecting channel utilization stats & maximum client count per AP. I get a daily report and this has allowed me to visualize some trends, such as some APs getting way more clients than others. Obviously this depends on several factors such as day/time, what group is near the AP, etc. I have also been able to correlate the number of clients with high channel utilization.

Still trying to work out my reporting skills in Prime so I don't have to manually filter out data in Excel.

I work for an enterprise in the financial services area and we are a Cisco shop with mostly 3702i APs and a 5508 WLC.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment