Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Which NAC would you choose for this mixed environment?

Choice is between ISE and Clearpass only.

Wireless environment is 100% Aruba, switches are 100% Cisco, firewalls are Cisco. Neither of these vendors will be changing in the next 5 years.

Initial use case for NAC is wireless only, but intend to use it for wired in future. The current solution is Windows NPS for corporate and external provider for guest portal, both of which will be replaced by the selected system.

I know that both NACs are capable of servicing the other vendor's equipment well enough, but I'm looking for advice, recommendations or anecdotes that could help me decide which of these 2 NAC options to use in this scenario.

E.g. Would I be missing out on some magical Cisco tie-in to the ASA if I went with Clearpass? Would I suffer from lack of 3rd party integrations if I went with ISE?



No comments:

Post a Comment